- Blockchain Industry Overview
- What is Blockchain Technology
- How it Works and Different Types of Cryptocurrencies/Tokens – Management and Risks
- Basics of DeFi (Decentralised Financing) in lending
- Security Tokens
- Tokenisation of Assets (especially Real Estate)
Practical learning outcomes:
- Describe: you’ll be able to describe blockchain and crypto-assets in simple words. You’ll be able to communicate the basic concepts of decentralised finance and the current suite of product and service offerings, and how DeFi impacts private and institutional wealth management.
- Explain: you can explain the unique benefits of blockchain, DeFi and asset tokenisation for individuals and businesses.
- Exhibit: you can show the impact of blockchain on the Wealth and Risk Management Industry.
- Analyse: you’ll be able to a real case scenario.
- Assess: you can assess the potential risks and challenges
This course is for professionals in the financial industry who would like to learn more about the application of blockchain in wealth management.
This is a non-technical course. No coding is required. No blockchain knowledge is required.
How will blockchain impact the “traditional” practice of wealth managers?
The field of wealth and risk management has broadened over these past years as new financial instruments have emerged.
The emergence of blockchain wealth management creates a whole world of opportunities (and challenges) in the finance sector.
The wealth management industry needs to ensure it’s working ahead of the changes to remain not only competitive, but up-to-date. Clients are already looking to their wealth advisors to help navigate these new and intriguing digital financial instruments, and understand the implications for their investments.
What will the impact be on existing wealth management infrastructures of blockchain wealth management, and how will it affect finance as we know it?
Three main areas within the wealth management process are set to be disrupted by the introduction of blockchain wealth management. These are client onboarding, real-time settlements, and automated investment vehicles. Cryptocurrencies and security tokens also offer new investment opportunities, bringing further considerations.
Speaker – Mohammed Khaiata
Mohammed is a digital transformation expert who successfully delivered complex large business transformation programs, devised and executed IT strategy for leading multinational organisations. He delivered advisory and training services to global multinational organisations including BHP, Bankwest, and UWA.
Mohammed is currently completing his PhD in blockchain and Property Technologies at UWA and is certified fellow in teaching and education from UWA.
Speaker – Sophie Amat
Sophie has an extensive 20 year background in banking & finance, and 15 years a co-Director of a family property investment business, Sophie now enjoys supporting crypto adoption & education for businesses & everyday people.
She also enjoys the challenge of raising capital for worthy Western Australia crypto-related projects.